Blue Sky Tag Blog Challenge
Never heard of the blue sky tag blog challenge? Me neither until my friend Dedra Davis of Dedra Writes nominated me. Dedra is one of my best Instagram friends. She and I have a lot in common: we both found our "why" later in life. Her "why" is writing. Mine is photographing dogs. We are both embracing our journeys and I enjoy following along on hers. Click the link above to her site. You can follow her on instagram too @dedradavis.
So what is the blue sky tag blog challenge? I had to google it and search on several blogs to find out. Dedra tagged me on her blog and challenged me to answer 11 questions. I copied and then answered them below. My 11 questions are below Dedra's questions and the bloggers I nominated are tagged too. Check them all out. Do you know as small business owners / entreprenuers, whenever someone visits your site, clicks around on the pages and leaves comments on your blog posts that helps others find your page? It does so you'd make all of us happy if you did just that.
Here are Dedra's 11 questions and my answers:
- How long have you been blogging? I have been blogging since I started my dog walking and pet sitting company in 2008. When I first started, all of my blogs were about my adventures as a pet sitter. They can be found on my SeeSpotRunCharlotte.com blog.
- Where do you blog/write most often? At my tiny little desk in our spare bedroom with Moose sleeping behind me. When he gets bored, he stands beside me and stares like he is doing right now.
- What have you learned about yourself since you began blogging? That I don't really love writing. (Did I just say that so everyone can read it?) I question my grammar a lot. I guess I should've paid more attention in 8th grade English. :o
- Where would you like to live if you had nothing stopping you? There are many places I'd love to live: Corona del Mar, California where I did live from 2004-2007. Other towns along the west coast (I LOVE the west coast and its lack of humidity.) Paris. Smaller Euorpean towns I've not even visited but know I would love.
- Where is your dream spot to write? Somewhere I can see the ocean.
- Tell your reader why you want them to read your words? This is a hard one since I don't really love writing. I suppose what I write on Instagram is more "me." I want to provide people with images of their dogs that they treasure forever. I regret not having really great images of my first two dogs and I don't want anyone else to have that same regret. That's what I want people to understand about me and I hope that comes through in my writing.
- Where is your favorite city, in your own state, that is not where you live now? Chapel Hill, NC where I went to college.
- Tell me a quote you wish you had written? "I haven't been everwhere but it's on my list" Susan Sontag
- What goal have you met in 2017? I launched "Retreats by BARKography" and it is actually happening! Eeeeeek! Retreats by BARKography are small groups of photographers getting together to photograph dogs, talk photography and relax in an amazing setting while a chef cooks for us. It's going to be awesome and I can't wait. A huge (HUGE) thank you to those who have signed up and helped this dream of mine come true.
- What is your favorite blog to read? I love to read Dedra's blog because I can feel her love for writing in her words.
- What is your favorite social media? Instagram
Here are my 11 questions that the bloggers tagged below are to answer for the blue sky blog challenge:
- Do you have a dog(s)? Include their names please. :)
- What was the last movie you saw in a theater?
- What foods do you dislike?
- What kind of vehicle do you drive?
- If I asked you for book recommendations for summer reading, what would you recommend?
- Who is your favorite band / singer or your top 5 if you're like me and can't list just one?
- Where is your favorite travel destination and what do you love most about it?
- What's your guilty pleasure?
- What is your favorite quote?
- What is one thing you're really proud of or one of your biggest accomplishments?
- What advice would you give your 20 year old self?
Here are the people I've tagged to answer the above 11 blue sky tag blog challenge questions. Be sure to check out their websites by clicking the link below.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer your 11 questions.
- Nominate 11 others (or as many as you can find).
- Think of 11 questions for them to answer.
I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed writing it. Once in a while it is nice to deviate from the norm.