WHY CHOOSE BARKOGRAPHY?
- Because you and your pet deserve a one of a kind experience with someone who truly understands how much you love your dog.
- Because you want his personality captured in a natural way.
- Because he won't be here forever and you don't want to experience the regret of not having professional images of him.
- Because a BARKography session is more than just taking pictures of your dog, it's capturing moments in time.
- Consider yourself warned: we may become friends and I will fall in love with your dog.
HOW DOES THIS WORK?
- The process is easy and streamlined.
- You contact me and we have a converation so I can get to know you and your dog.
- You answer questions like "why do you want him photographed and what do you love most about him?"
- You receive the welcome packet full of great information to help you and your pet get ready.
- We choose a date, time and location.
- You pay the session retainer, sign the agreement and complete a form telling me all about the furry love of your life.
- The big day arrives and your dog is a total rockstar.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE SESSION?
- I start to work right away on getting the photos ready for you to see.
- The process usually takes 1-2 weeks as I select, edit and retouch the images.
- Approximately 2 weeks after the session, we have the viewing and ordering appointment where you will view your images, select your favorites, see product samples and place your order.
- After you've made your selections, I do meticulous final edits and retouching.
- I place your order and within 3-4 weeks you are enjoying your beautiful artwork.
WHAT'S A VIEWING AND ORDERING APPOINTMENT?
- The viewing and ordering appointment is when you see all the images and the products I offer.
- It usually takes place at my house in the Southpark area.
- You will get to touch, hold and feel all of the products offered which include a variety of wall art, desktop items and albums so you can choose what you'd like to order.
- I will guide you through the selection process so are 100% satisfied with your choices.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- The total cost is up to you but most clients spend $500+ on their customized experience.
MY DOG CAN'T BE OFF LEASH OR ISN'T WELL TRAINED. CAN YOU STILL PHOTOGRAPH HIM?
- Yes, your dog can stay on leash during the entire session.
- With most dogs it is easier to direct them if they are on leash.
- Many of the dogs featured on the website were on leash.
- Removing the leash is part of the editing process. Click here to go to see a before and after photo.
WHAT CAN I DO TO PREPARE FOR THE SESSION?
- Start thinking about how and where you'd like to display your new artwork.
- Be sure to read through the welcome packet when you receive it and always feel free to ask questions.
CAN I HELP DURING THE SESSION?
- Absolutely. You may help with posing your dog or getting his attention as I'm photographing him.
- You'll receive gentle guidance from me.
CAN I BE PHOTOGRAPHED TOO?
- Yes of course.
- The main focus of the session is on your dog but if you'd like to be in a few photos, I love capturing the bond between a dog and his human.
WHAT'S YOUR BACKGROUND?
- I have worked with dogs full time since 2009 when I started my own dog walking and pet sitting business See Spot Run LLC.
- It's that experience and a life long passion for dogs that helps me know how to capture each individual dog's personality.
WHAT'S YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY EXPERIENCE?
- I've photographed my own dogs for years.
- I've been a professional photographer since 2014 and I've photographed hundreds of dogs since that time.
- I've attended pet photography workshops in Barcelona, Costa Rica and Breckinridge CO and have learned alongside some of the most talented dog photographers in the world.
- I've been hired to photograph dogs across the US and Canada.
DO YOU HAVE DOGS?